Unrestricted movement and protection for the worst conditions, the Galvanized Jacket—which now uses 100% recycled polyester—stretches, breathes and shrugs off heavy weather for those exploring the alpine’s boldest terrain. Fair Trade Certified sewn.
A balance of weight, durability and protection, our newly revised waterproof/breathable Galvanized Jacket delivers in the alpine, with a supple, robust, 3-layer H2No™ fabric with DWR (durable water repellent) finish. We’ve extended our recycled offerings to even our most technical pieces, and the Galvanized’s shell fabric is now 88% polyester (recycled) and 12% elastane. The soft, jersey-knit backer on the inside wicks moisture and maintains an amazing level of comfort. Pit zips enhance venting, and the jacket’s engineered pattern eliminates all seaming across the shoulders and back, resulting in zero abrasion points and unprecedented stretch.
The Optimal Visibility Hood works with any helmet or without, and adjusts with a single-pull Cohaesive™ embedded cord-lock system. Handwarmer pockets ride above harness line and close with watertight zippers, as does the exterior chest pocket. Minimal hook-and-loop closures secure the cuffs, which are lined with polyurethane to maintain a snug seal. Hem cord locks adjust easily with one hand, and the center-front zip has an interior storm flap and non-chafing zipper garage. With a concealed RECCO® reflector.
|Click here for more info on Patagonia, product updates and New Season information.|
One of the main talking points of this jacket is the fabrics - Patagonia have updated this jacket to be mainly constructed from recycled Polyester (88%) with Elastane making up the rest of the materials (12%). H2No Performance Standard is Patagonia's benchmark for garment waterproofness, breathability and durability. Backed by their Ironclad guarantee, it ensures the highest level of long-term waterproof performance. The Jacket stretches, breathes and shrugs off heavy weather, providing full mobility and maintaining a high level of comfort.
The next talking point is it's climbing focused feature set. There are two handwarmer pockets, situated high up and above a harness or waist belt, a helmet compatible hood, 2-way pit zips to enhance venting and drawcords with Cohaesive cord-locks (press-button releases embedded inside the hem or edges of the jacket). We like that the cuffs have a textured polyurethane inner as it's designed to grip gloves when secured, keeping the sleeve in place when your arms are in full swing.
With plenty of other useful features, this stretchy waterproof jacket would suit any alpinist, mountaineer, or trekker seeking high levels of waterproof-breathability that won't hinder performance across technical sections of rock and ice.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
(Unfortunately, we are unable to ship Patagonia products outside of the European Area (defined as the European Economic Area plus Switzerland and the UK))
|Help and advice: |