The Endurance Pro is a versatile and tough GORE-TEX mountain shell with features specially designed for mountaineering and alpine climbing.
Fully featured and designed with all the technical requirements of climbers and alpinists in mind, the Endurance Pro Jacket uses a combination of durable 40 Denier and 70 Denier GORE-TEX® Pro fabrics to provide ultimate weather protection.
||||Garments made with Gore-Tex Pro fabric are durably waterproof, windproof and extremely breathable, providing ruggedness and durability for mountaineering and intense activities. Click here for more information on the range of GoreTex fabrics.|
||||Click here for more info on Montane, product updates and New Season information.|
Similar fabrics to the Alpine Pro Jacket but with extra tough 70 denier fabric in the high wear areas. Making Montane's Endurance Pro Jacket tougher and yes a little more expensive. The price doesn't just increase because of the extra tough fabric, the whole fit and style of the jacket is an improvement too.
The 'Action Back' fit means it has a tailored upper back and rear shoulders which allows extra fabric for unrestricted mobility and more dynamic movement. Ideal for accommodating winter layering when alpine climbing or winter mountaineering. Montane have also thought about how the extra fabric will look, and given the jacket neat pleats to stop it gathering.
The Endurance Pro also features napoleon pockets (large enough to fit chunky gloves) as well as the usual hand warmer pockets, with a little stretch mesh pocket on the inside of the jacket (perfect for holding goggles). The hood on this jacket also stands out as it has a four point adjustment for a close fit with a stiffened peak for hood peak for extra stability.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
|Help and advice:|
• Constructed from lightweight 40 Denier GORE-TEX® Pro with tough 70 Denier GORE-TEX® Pro fabric in the high wear areas over the shoulders, hips, forearms and in the prominent front pocket area
• 12 -13 stitch count per inch on all seams versus a typical industry average of 8, creating a tight, clean and strong seam
• 3mm seam allowance on all seams, reducing weight and bulk under the micro-tape and creating a smooth, strong seam
PATTERNING AND DESIGN
• Technical tailoring around the arms to prevent arm lift raising the lower hem whilst reaching high
• Articulated elbow panels which move ergonomically with the arms
• Slightly larger chest and bicep dimensions allow for winter layering and micro-climate creation
• Fully adjustable climbing helmet compatible hood designed to fit comfortably with winter headwear and a helmet
• Adjustable face aperture with external cord exits for quick adjustment
• Rear and side volume compression for a close fit around head or helmet
• Stiffened hood peak gives stability and wired edge allows adjustability
• Tall collar with shaped mouth and nose guard offers maximum storm protection to the face
• Internal elastic loop and hook on rear hood compression drawcord allows hood to be rolled down and stowed away whilst not in use in windy conditions
• Tailored upper back and rear shoulders which allows extra fabric volume to be utilised for unrestricted mobility and more dynamic movement
• Two map sized A-line hand-warmer pockets with covered YKK matte AquaGuard® zips positioned clear of a backpack or climbing harness belt
• Two Napoleon chest pockets with YKK matte AquaGuard® zips, bellowed fabric for extra volume when needed and concealed outlet construction for any pocket water ingress in storm conditions
• Suspended electronics pocket inside right hand side chest pocket protects essential items from any pocket water ingress
• Ergonomic zip pullers make use easier when wearing gloves
• Internal left hand side stretch mesh pocket, articulated to provide extra volume for goggles or water bottle when required
CENTRE FRONT ZIP
• Full length YKK AquaGuard® VISLON® front zip that is highly water resistant and two way to allow easy access to climbing or rucksack harness and / or trousers
• Internal storm flap behind centre front zip together with press stud to secure hem and prevent further weather entry
• Ergonomic centre front zip pullers make use easier when wearing gloves or mitts
• Roll over beardguard lined with brushed fine microfleece is comfortable next to the mouth and chin
CUFF AND SLEEVES CONFIGURATION
• Underarm and side chest pit zips with YKK matte AquaGuard® zips, angled to eliminate bulk and allow for good arm lift
• Gusseted cuffs are compatible with winter gloves, with shaped hook and loop adjustment for easy cinching for a close fit
WAIST AND HEM CONSTRUCTION
• Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord and easy to use cordlocks and excess cord management system
• Adjustable waist with cinchable drawcord and easy to use internal hand pocket adjustment
• Dropped back hem for enhanced weather protection
• Rear external MONTANE® hang loop