The Flight 30 Ultra is the perfect pack for trail runners, mountain bikers, speed hikers, and anyone looking for a low volume. With multiple harness options and adjustable torso, this pack is sure to fit any body.
Six Moon Designs says:
The Flight Ultra is a 30L daypack – or multi-day pack if you’re into going super ultralight. Unlike the Flight UL, the Flight Ultra has a new large capacity bottom pocket made of woven nylon, making it even easier to stash and access items on the go efficient, small volume pack.
There are also 3 pockets on each side of the vest, large stretch pockets on both sides on the front of the pack, daisy chain webbing, and a bungee stasher.
Everything you need is within easy reach. With so much convenient storage, you won’t have to shed your pack until you’re ready to make camp.
With the Fight 30 Ultra, we’ve stripped away all the useless frills and given you a pack with the right features to get the job done.
Six Moon Design's Flight 30 Ultra Rucksack builds on the success of the original Flight 30 packs by stripping back the design making it simpler, lighter and more comfortable. The pack still uses highly durable 100D fabric for the main body with stretch mesh for external drop pockets and has a roll top closure with enough external loops, cords and extras to keep your kit safe. The 30L capacity is large enough for long day trips and if you can pack light enough it should be sufficient for shorter overnight trips.
The pack is designed to provide a vest like feel with adjustable torso, waist and shoulder straps allowing you to get the best fit possible. There are additional adjustment straps that are handy enough to use on the go when small changes might be needed depending on how much you are carrying. The foam stiffened back and padded shoulder straps make for a comfortable carry even when the pack is at its weight capacity.
- Reviewed by Ultralight Outdoor Gear
|Help and advice:|
The Flight 30 Ultra is the only ultralight, frame-less pack on the market with an adjustable torso length. This allows the Flight 30 to provide unbridled comfort.
When configured as frame-less, the highest recommended base weight is 8lbs / 3.5k and maximum weight not exceeding 25lbs / 11k.
Six Moon Designs’ unique vest harness supports a 6-point connection between the pack and your body. There are several advantages to this system:
1. It fully locks the pack to your body, eliminating sway or bouncing when you walk or run.
2. Instead of all of the weight of the pack resting on your shoulders and hips, the vest harness transfers some of that weight to your core. This reduces and eliminates sores from developing on the shoulders and hips.
3. The vest harness comes with extra pockets, providing additional quick access storage options.
Vest Harness Health Benefits
Because the vest harness spreads the load-bearing to the core, most hikers find it reduces back pain.
Founder Ron Moak discovered this first hand. After a bout with cancer, Moak found that he could only handle a couple of hours of hiking before needing to stop due to severe back pain. A vest harness redistributed the weight he was carrying on his shoulders and hips to his core, allowing him to walk more upright. This additional support allowed him to hike longer distances with less pain.
That’s why the first pack he designed incorporated the vest harness.
If you’ve found yourself unable to backpack as easily and as long as you once did, you may want to seriously consider the vest harness. We make no claims that the vest harness is a miracle cure, but it did help Moak get back to really enjoying backpacking again. And we hope it might help you, too.
Standard Shoulder Straps
There are several reasons you might choose a Standard Should Strap Harness:
1. If you’re used to carrying a traditional backpacking pack and aren’t from the running world, you will probably be comfortable with standard shoulder straps.
2. If you are a full-chested woman or broad-chested man, you might find the vest harness constricting. In this case, the standard shoulder straps will provide a better hiking experience.
3. The standard shoulder straps are easier to slip out of if you want to take an extended break without the weight of your pack.