|Solo Stove Wood Burning Backpacking Stove
The Solo Stove is the ultimate backpacking stove - a lightweight, compact, efficient eco-friendly backpacking stove that will last you a lifetime.
The Solo Stove is a natural convection inverted downgas gasifer stove that incorporates a secondary combustion for a more efficient and cleaner burn. The bottom vents allow air to enter and flow up the bottom of the grate to feed the primary combustion, a top down smolder. In addition, air entering from the bottom vents heats up within the inner wall and rises up and out the top firebox vents causing a secondary combustion at the top of the stove. The Solo Stove doesn't just burn wood. It actually cooks the smoke out of the wood and then burns the smoke not once, but twice! This technique makes for a cleaner burn which means less smoke and also allows the stove to burn more efficiently which means it requires less fuel than regular wood stoves.
We're especially excited about how little of an impact the Solo Stove has on the environment. It's easy to use yet extremely functional. At only 9 oz, this stove is portable and light weight and because it uses bio-fuel (twigs, wood, seeds etc.), you no longer need to buy and carry around disposable canisters of gas fuel. With the Solo Stove, as long as you have wood you'll be all set to cook.
The Solo Stove was built for serious backpackers, survivalists, emergency disaster kits and campers alike and when used properly, your Solo Stove will last you a lifetime!
Early feedback on the effectiveness of the SoloStove has been excellent. The worry for this country must be the availability of dry tinder, on the other hand if you're heading for Europe you will find that fuel is redily available, in the Alps, Pyrenees or further afield.
The weight of the stove is a consideration, but when you consider the fuel you don't carry it suddenly becomes a real ultralight proposition.
As with all wood fires your pans get into a bit of a state, so make sure you have a protective pouch for your panset that will protect the rest of your gear from the carbon deposits.
You can use meths with the SoloStove, a burner is available but its a bit heavy and we're urging them to make a lighter one. You can also burn solid fuel tabs in it as well.
The SoloStoves fits exactly into the Evernew 1L Pasta Pot ECA522 with its protective bag on.
- Lightweight: At just 9 oz, this stove has minimal impact on the weight of your backpack. No heavy, bulky fuel canisters are needed.
- Environmentally Friendly: No fuel canisters, no chemical emissions, no batteries, no burnt ground = smaller carbon footprint.
- Unlimited Fuel Sources: Cook a meal using the twigs you collect on your hike. Say goodbye to heavy, costly, polluting petrol fuels.
- Built Tough: Made with hardened 304 stainless steel, the Solo Stove is meant for rugged backpacking and camping.
- Affordable: Owning a Solo Stove will save you from spending on canister fuel. This backpacking stove will literally pay for itself.
- Size (nested): 4.25" diameter, 3.8" tall Size (assembled): 4.25" diameter, 5.7" tall
- Weight: 245g / 8.7 oz
- Material: Fully hardened 304 stainless steel; nichrome wire
- Time to Boil: 8-10 mins (34 fl oz water)