|MSR Miniworks EX Water Filter
MSR Expedition Water Treatment
When you need a lot of water and you’re not quite sure what you’ll find, these are the tools to rely on. Our Expedition Series of water treatment and hydration solutions combines legendary reliability and field maintainability, with the ability to handle high-capacity jobs to bring you safe water.
The MiniWorks EX is the best-selling filter on the market, delivering long-lasting, fully field-maintainable water filtration. Its durable ceramic element ensures protection, pumps water for years, and can be cleaned repeatedly for full recovery, with no tools required for complete disassembly. The MiniWorks is also lightweight, compact, and, thanks to its innovative AirSpring Accumulator, capable of pumping one liter of water per minute.
This is certainly a rugged piece of kit and therefore suitable for long trips where reliability is a minimum requirement. Not the lightest filter on the market but we stock it because of its ability to screw directly onto the MSR Hydromedary water bladders and other containers with 63mm openings, such as many wide mouth Nalgene bottles.
Using the two products together means that water is filtered straight into the bladder without any spillage, so there's minimal hassle to restock with water. We think that where water sources are fairly predictable some of the extra weight can be offset by carrying less water.
- Long-lasting - Durable ceramic element ensures protection and will pump water for years
- Field-maintainable - Can be cleaned repeatedly for full filter recovery; no tools required for complete disassembly
- Fast Flow - AirSpring Accumulator increases filtration speed; up to 1 liter/minute
- Effective Protection - Removes bacteria, protozoa (including crypto and giardia), and particulate
- Better-tasting Water - Carbon core removes unpleasant tastes and odors caused by chemicals, such as iodine, chlorine, and pesticides
- Weight: 16 oz./456 g
- Dimensions:7.5 x 2.75 in./19 x 7 cm
- Cartridge Life: Up to 2,000 liters, depending on water conditions
- Includes: Stuff sack, hose float, scrub pad, and instructions