Designed for thru hikers, fast packers and anyone else looking to shave ounces without compromising support, the Black Diamond Ultra Distance is a superlight, 3-season carbon-fiber pole that combines on-trail durability with our ultra-packable folding-pole technology.
The revolutionary 3-section Z-Pole design features a coated inner cord, a single push-button release, and our speed cone deployment, which aligns like an avalanche probe for increased strength and stability.
The lightweight EVA grip features a non-slip extension for choking up on steep terrain, and the interchangeable tips provide multi-surface versatility.
Black Diamond have really created something new here - they've taken the 'sectional' concept of the lightest poles - added a decent foam grip and somehow created a pole that weighs just 135g yet feels very solid and rigid, making it suitable for walking and trekking.
When not in use they stow easily into your pack using the pouch supplied.
- 100% carbon fibre shafts
- 3-section Z-Pole folding design with speed cone deployment
- Lightweight EVA foam grip and breathable, moisture-wicking strap
- Non-slip foam mini grip extension for secure choke ups
- Includes interchangeable, non-marking Z-Pole Rubber Tips, Z-pole Carbide Tips and stow bag
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher secures folded sections
|Weight per pair